PADDINGTON TICKET AUCTIONS
Saturday, 25th January 2020
Sale starts at 11 a.m, viewing from 8.30 a.m.
at the The Windsor Room, Royal National Hotel, Russell Square, London WC1H 0JX
(nearest Underground stations: Russell Square (150 yards), Euston (400 yards)
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- BIDDING: If you intend to bid, please hand in the appropriate part of your yellow bidding card at the cash desk and use your printed number to indicate your bid.
- BUYER'S PREMIUM: A Buyer's Premium of 10% + VAT (total 12%) will be added to each invoice at the time of settlement.
- REMOVAL OF LOTS: Successful purchases can be paid for and removed at any time during the sale, subject to payment conditions being met (see 4 below).
- PAYMENT: May be by cheque, debit / credit card or cash. Cheques will be accepted from buyers who are not known to us, but we reserve the right to retain the lots purchased pending clearance of the cheque. The lots will then be forwarded to the address given (subject to postage and packing charge).
- COMMISSION BIDS: A yellow bidding form is enclosed with the print catalogue and a printable PDF version is available on this website. If you are unable to attend the auction, please return this, listing your bids, to arrive in good time prior to the auction. You may submit bids up to midday on the day before the auction by telephone on 01327 262193 / 263633 or by email to with a copy to . We would appreciate card payment details with your bid so that your purchases can be processed and dispatched promptly on the Monday after the auction.
- INSPECTION OF LOTS: Ample opportunity is given for inspection of lots and each purchaser by making a bid acknowledges that he/she has satisfied him/herself as to the condition of lots and the Terms & Conditions of Sale. Customers are reminded that certain lots may be fragile due to their age, wear, etc. When handling and viewing such material, they are asked to treat it with the utmost care and attention. Although we make every effort to describe condition accurately, we cannot be held responsible for material damaged in any way by customers at the time of viewing.
- BIDDING: Will start at the discretion of the auctioneer, taking into account commission bids or our estimate for the lot or the reserve if applicable. If equal bids are received on commission and in the room, the bid in the room will take precedence. In the event of two commission bids being equal, the first received will take precedence.
- NOTE TO VENDORS: The commission rate on sales is 10% + VAT (12%) (subject to a minimum fee of £6 per lot sold or unsold) in accordance with the Entry Form. Payment by cheque will usually be made to vendors within 10 days of the sale, but if you wish to receive payment by bank transfer, please let us know.
The illustrated catalogue can be viewed on our website. The condition of the tickets is indicated as follows:
Front of Tickets
indicates that the ticket is in excellent/undamaged condition
indicates the ticket is in good condition with no noticeable defects
indicates the ticket has some wear or minor crease, although still presentable
indicates the ticket is in poor condition
indicates the ticket has faded
for travel tickets: issued and dated example
for platform tickets: issued, the symbol indicates a dated example
Back of Tickets
indicates that the back of the ticket is in good, undamaged condition
indicates that the back of a ticket has paper residue as a result of previous mounting, usually removable with care
indicates that the back of the ticket, including the back paper, has actual damage or loss
indicates that the ticket has no back
Road and non-standard size rail sections: if no front or back condition is indicated, tickets can be expected to be in front condition A and back condition .
Our contact number, for urgent matters only, between midday and 5 p.m. on the day before the auction and 8 a.m. and 10.30 a.m. on the day of the
auction, is 07949 708735. Please DO NOT leave messages or send texts. If unanswered, please ring back later, or try the other
number. Please use this facility sparingly, for example if you are suddenly unable to attend the auction and wish to leave commission bids.
Enquiries as to the success of commission bids can be made between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. from the Monday after the auction, however the
results should be posted on our website by Monday afternoon. Lots purchased by commission bidders will be posted by special
delivery at the buyer's risk, unless otherwise instructed, and the receipt retained for three months.
Future Dates in 2020:
Live auctions: 25th April, 18th July, 24th October 2020.
Specialists in Railway, Tram and Bus Tickets,
Great Central Railwayana Ltd
14 School Street, Woodford Halse, Daventry, NN11 3RL
Telephone: 01327 262193 / 263633 ~~ Email:
Company Reg. No. 5405235
VAT Reg. No. 864 7353 93